At the end of each financial year the Parish Council appoints an independent person to conduct an 'Internal Audit'. For the audit, several primary documents are prepared.
Smaller authorities, such as Glapthorn, must publish various documents on a public website as required by the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015, the Local Audit (Smaller Authorities) Regulations 2015 and the Transparency Code for Smaller Authorities.
The documents for the year ending 31st March 2018 are:
- Annual Return, Certificate of Exemption, 2017-18 (PDF, 655 Kb)
- Annual Return, Internal Audit Report, 2017-18 (PDF, 626 Kb)
Part of the Annual Return 2017-18
- Annual Return, Section 1, 2017-18 (PDF, 540 Kb)
Annual Governance Statement
- Annual Return, Section 2, 2017-18 (PDF, 566 Kb)
Annual Return Section 2, Accounting Statements 2017-18 UNAUDITED
- Explanation of variances, 2017-18 (PDF, 23 Kb)
Explanatory notes of variances from last year's annual return
- Bank Reconcilliation, 2017-18 (Word Document, 15 Kb)
Bank Reconciliation year ending 31st March 2018
- Expenditure over £100 - 2017-18 (PDF, 37 Kb)
Items of expenditure over £100 for year ending 31st March 2018
- Notice of Public Rights to Inspect Accounting Records (PDF, 20 Kb)
Each year the smaller authority's Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) needs to be reviewed by an external auditor appointed by Smaller Authorities' Audit
Appointments Ltd. The unaudited AGAR has been published on this website.
Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounting records for the financial year to which the audit relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills,
vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested. Please see the FULL NOTICE for details.
The Parish Council Precept is a tax charged on each property in the parish to fund the Parish Council. It is used to fund all the activities that the Parish Council undertakes for the benefit of the community. The Parish Council Precept demand is submitted to East Northamptonshire Council (ENC). For the year 2018-2019 it is £9,700.
Every year, the Parish Council draws up budgets and calculates how much money is required for the next Financial Year.
- Budget, 2018-19 (PDF, 85 Kb)
Current Financial Year
- Items over £100 in expenditure 2018-19 (PDF, 36 Kb)
Items of expenditure over £100