Glapthorn will be celebrating The Queen's Platinum Jubilee during the four day holiday, 2nd to 5th June. Planning for the event has begun and this web-page outlines updates, activities, contacts and meeting notes.
Highlights of the events programme in the village are:
Thursday 2nd June
- 9:45pm Beacon Lighting
Friday 3rd June
- 7:00pm "Street Food" at the Royal Oak Club
Sunday 5th June:
- 11:00am Church Service
- 1:00pm "The Big Lunch" Street Party. This event is open to all residents of Glapthorn and will be held outside the Village Hall
- 3:00pm Loyal Toast and National Anthem
Full details of events and activities can be found in the notice below:
Glapthorn Celebrates Jubilee 2022 Notice (PDF, 350 Kb)
Decorating Our Village
Why not help us to decorate our Village, have a go at crocheting, knitting or making felt red, white and blue 3" (approx) flowers. Listed below are links to easy YouTube tutorials but feel free to make your own:
- Felt Flowers https://youtu.be/8rQJgb4Ck-o - Felt sheets can be purchased through Little Blue, Oundle
- Crochet Flowers https://youtu.be/dQeq7Hci_qU
- Knitted Flowers https://youtu.be/HPOOICN6gfA
The flowers are needed by the 22nd May and can be dropped off at: the Village Show - Teas, plant, cake and book stall or at Christine Grandidge, Southdown, Main Street. You will be able to collect your flowers after the weekend's festivities.
Thank you and happy creating
The Queen's Green Canopy
A magnolia tree "Royal Star" has been purchased by the Parish Council and has been planted in Windy Spire Pocket Park.
The tree is dedicated to The Queen's Green Canopy.
- Pauline Davidson
- Ursula Wide
Information about national Platinum Jubilee events can be found by visiting https://www.royal.uk/platinumjubilee