How it all began; achievements to date; other info.
The Glapthorn Neighbourhood Planning Group was formed, and structured as a Parish Council Advisory Committee, and embarked on the development of a Neighbourhood Plan. Thirteen members of the public, including three Parish Councillors, formed the initial group.
The Glapthorn Neighbourhood Plan was prepared by building on the results of the extensive informal consultations and engagement with the community and others. The major elements of the consultation process were:
- A series of Community Conversations involving face to face interviews – August 2016
- Further Community Consultation by newsletters and a questionnaire – December 2016
- A call-for-sites from landowners – January 2017
- Community dialogue through meetings and two exhibition days – May/June 2017
- Consultation with the community and other statutory bodies in accordance with the requirements stated in Regulation 14 – August to October 2017.
- Production of the Neighbourhood Plan with supporting information for consideration and adoption by the Parish Council – December 2017.
- Submission to ENC under Regulation 16 - December 2017
- Report by the Independent Examiner - April 2018
- Referendum - July 2018
The detailed responses from the consultations, and other documents relating to all of this activity, may be found on this website – see below.